For the third year in a row, Brinkley Morgan attorneys and staff members rallied together to collect a large assortment of new and gently used Halloween costumes to donate to the pediatric patients at Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center (CDTC).
The CDTC is a non-profit organization that serves infants, children and youth with chronic illnesses, disabilities and developmental delays. As a facility of Broward Health, the center’s mission is to promote the optimal health and well-being of children with special healthcare needs by providing comprehensive prevention, intervention and treatment services within a medical home environment.
Superheroes, witches, and princesses were among just a few of the many Halloween costumes gathered for the drive, which commenced at the beginning of October. Several of the firm’s employees delivered racks of costumes in a variety of children’s sizes to the center on Tues., Oct. 18, just in time for physicians and case managers to distribute the donated costumes to pediatric patients in need of a smile.
Since its inception in 1975, Brinkley Morgan has been committed to serving the South Florida community and regularly supports a variety of local non-profits throughout the year. In the past few years, the firm has:
- donated thousands of pounds of food to The Pantry of Broward, Boca Helping Hands, Feeding South Florida, and Kids In Distress of Broward and Palm Beach counties;
- hosted a holiday gift drive benefiting the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County’s Adopt-a-Family program;
- donated hundreds of gift cards to The Lord’s Place to help supply food, clothing and other essential items to the homeless community in Palm Beach County;
- organized and hosted a Suits and Sneakers Challenge fundraiser to benefit the American Cancer Society;
- collected school supplies for ChildNet of Broward and Palm Beach counties;
- held a book drive benefiting the Palm Beach Literacy Coalition;
- collected hundreds of ties and shoes for the Broward Partnership for the Homeless to help provide suitable attire for homeless men and women to wear to job interviews;
- sponsored or underwritten many signature fundraising events including the H.O.M.E.S. Invitational Golf Tournament, Broward Partnership for the Homeless Inc.’s Salute to Leadership Gala, The Lord’s Place’s SleepOut, the Covenant House’s Night of Broadway Stars, and more.
From its offices in Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton, the firm offers a full range of services, including corporate and business law, real estate, bankruptcy, family law, and commercial litigation, as well as probate, tax, estate planning, administrative law, and employment law. For more information, visit www.Facebook.com/BrinkleyMorgan or www.BrinkleyMorgan.com.