Brinkley Morgan, a full-service South Florida law firm, recently organized a team of more than 40 runners to participate in the 13th Street Alliance’s Funky Fun Run 5K on Northeast 13th Street in Fort Lauderdale on Sat., Feb. 21, 2015.
The event drew about 200 runners, local politicians and business representatives to celebrate the neighborhood’s growth and raise money for H.O.M.E.S., Inc., a local non-profit organization dedicated to providing quality community and economic development benefiting disadvantaged and at-risk residents and neighborhoods in Broward County.
“H.O.M.E.S. has a tremendous impact on our community,” said Brinkley Morgan Managing Partner Philip J. Morgan. “It was an honor to participate in this fun event and to help such a worthwhile organization.”
Brinkley Morgan has been committed to serving the South Florida community since its inception in 1975. The firm’s charitable campaign, Brinkley Morgan Cares, supports a variety of local non-profits throughout the year. Most recently, the firm has:
- organized and hosted a holiday food drive for the Pantry of Broward to help provide food to elderly residents in need;
- donated and distributed hundreds of new Halloween costumes to pediatric patients at the Children’s Diagnostic and Treatment Center;
- donated hundreds of dollars in gift cards to The Lord’s Place to help provide food, clothing and other essential items to the homeless community in Palm Beach County;
- organized and hosted a Suits and Sneakers Challenge fundraiser to benefit the American Cancer Society;
- donated thousands of pounds of food to Boca Helping Hands, Feeding South Florida, and Kids In Distress of Broward and Palm Beach counties;
- collected school supplies for ChildNet of Broward and Palm Beach counties;
- held a book drive benefiting the Palm Beach Literacy Coalition;
- collected hundreds of ties and shoes for the Broward Partnership for the Homeless to help provide suitable attire for homeless men and women to wear to job interviews;
- sponsored or underwritten many signature fundraising events including the H.O.M.E.S. Invitational Golf Tournament, Broward Partnership for the Homeless Inc.’s Salute to Leadership Gala, The Lord’s Place’s SleepOut, the Covenant House’s Night of Broadway Stars, and more.
For more information about the Brinkley Morgan Cares campaign, visit www.Facebook.com/BrinkleyMorgan or www.BrinkleyMorgan.com. For more information about the Funky Fun Run, visit www.FunkyFunRun.org.