Ghosts, goblins and ghouls: these were among just a few of the many Halloween costumes donated to the Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center by the attorneys and staff at Brinkley Morgan, a South Florida-based law firm.
Several of the firm’s attorneys delivered large bags of “booty” to the center last week, just in time for physicians and case managers to distribute the donated costumes to pediatric patients in need of a smile. The firm collected a variety of costumes, including superheroes, Disney princesses and perennial favorites like cowboys and Indians, for children ranging in age from toddlers to teenagers.
“We can’t thank Brinkley Morgan enough for taking the time to collect, deliver and distribute such amazing Halloween costumes to so many of our children,” said Ana E. Calderon Randazzo, Ph.D., executive director of the Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center. “This has never been done before for our children. The families we serve, as well as the staff and doctors here at the center, were over the moon to receive such thoughtful gifts at this time of year.”
The Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center is a non-profit organization that serves more than 11,000 children with special healthcare needs in Broward County annually. As a facility of Broward Health, the center’s mission is to promote the optimal health and well-being of children with special healthcare needs by providing comprehensive prevention, intervention and treatment services within a medical home environment. It is a nationally recognized center of excellence offering a unique system of care for infants, children and youth with chronic illnesses, disabilities and developmental delays.
Brinkley Morgan has been committed to serving the South Florida community since its inception in 1975. The firm’s charitable campaign, Brinkley Morgan Cares, supports local non-profits throughout the year. In the past three years, the firm has:
- donated hundreds of gift cards to The Lord’s Place to help supply food, clothing and other essential items to the homeless community in Palm Beach County;
- organized and hosted a Suits and Sneakers Challenge fundraiser to benefit the American Cancer Society;
- donated thousands of pounds of food to Boca Helping Hands, Feeding South Florida, and Kids In Distress of Broward and Palm Beach counties;
- collected school supplies for ChildNet of Broward and Palm Beach counties;
- held a book drive benefiting the Palm Beach Literacy Coalition;
- collected hundreds of ties and shoes for the Broward Partnership for the Homeless to help provide suitable attire for homeless men and women to wear to job interviews;
- sponsored or underwritten many signature fundraising events including the H.O.M.E.S. Invitational Golf Tournament, Broward Partnership for the Homeless Inc.’s Salute to Leadership Gala, The Lord’s Place’s SleepOut, the Covenant House’s Night of Broadway Stars, and more.
For more information about the Brinkley Morgan Cares campaign, visit Facebook.com/BrinkleyMorgan or BrinkleyMorgan.com. For more information about the Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center, visit ChildrensDiagnostic.org.